Oregon legalized sports betting and allow residents to wager using a mobile app. The Oregon Lottery Scoreboard sports betting app was launched at the same time and, initially, was the only legal betting app in the state.
The Oregon Lottery partnered with European company SB Tech to provide the platform for sports betting in the state. However, the platform, in January 2022, was replaced by DraftKings.
In addition, the first land-based sportsbook opened at the tribal gaming facility, the Chinook Winds, in September 2019.
Legal Betting Apps in Oregon 2023
Oregon mobile betting is only available through one betting app:
- DraftKings Sportsbook App
Oregon Top Legal Betting Apps
The only Oregon betting app for players to place wagers in the state is:
- DraftKings, which replaced Scoreboard in 2022.
Oregon Teams & Events to Bet On
Oregon is home to one major professional sports team, the Portland Trailblazers of the NBA. In addition, the state is home to several college programs that participate in the NCAA.
However, there is no betting permitted on any college sports in Oregon. Sports fans in Oregon also like to follow professional teams in Seattle, such as the Seahawks of the NFL and the Mariners in MLB.
Common Bet Types in Oregon
These are some of the most popular types of bets for users in Oregon:
- Moneyline betting is a bet on the team picked to win the game outright without taking the spread into account.
- Betting on the spread is wagering on the team’s margin of victory rather than the game’s final score.
- Over/Under (Totals): The over/under or total bet is the next most popular type of wager in which players pick if the total score will go over or under the sportsbook’s prediction.
- Parlays: A parlay combines multiple wagers on the same ticket, which must all be winners to take a payout.
- Live betting: A live bet is a wager placed after the chosen game has started, with odds changing throughout the game.
Oregon Betting App Welcome Bonuses
There only betting app available in the state has a welcome bonus for new users:
- The Oregon DraftKings Welcome Bonus: Up to $1,000 matching bonus
How to find the right betting app in Oregon? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of Oregon.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in Oregon
There is one app available for sports betting in Oregon. Downloading the DraftKings betting app is a simple process. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Select a provider of your preference. Make sure you access their desktop platform or go ahead and download their mobile app.
- Enter your full name, email address, address, phone number, and last four of a social security number to open an account.
- Once you have read all terms and conditions, you can now head on to your provider’s platform and enjoy the entire offer of betting and gaming dynamics they have included as part of their apps.
Sports Available for Betting
As mentioned, college sports are completely out in Oregon. This leaves only professional endeavors available for wager. That said, there are still plenty available such as:
- Football (NFL Only)
- Basketball (NBA, WNBA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, World Cup)
- Combat Sports (UFC and Boxing)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA)
- Auto Sports (F-1, NASCAR)
Oregon Retail Sportsbooks
As mentioned, there is only one brick and mortar sportsbook operating in the state, The Chinook Winds Casino in Lincoln City is your only option for now.
However, when the state legalized sports betting, they essentially left it up to the Tribal Casinos to decide the details. There are nine other Tribal Casinos in Oregon that may join in.
Oregon Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
Of all the states in the union looking to legalize and regulate sports gambling, Oregon may have taken the simplest course of action. Of course, this simplicity also comes with some limitations. An online sportsbook is available in the state. However, it has been run by DraftKings since 2022. Also, although there are dozens of casinos operating in the state, only one has opened a sportsbook.
Furthermore, college sports are completely banned from wagering in the state. Yes, the industry is up and running, but it seems to have come at a cost.
Is mobile betting legal in Oregon?
Yes. Mobile betting is legal in Oregon.
Is BetMGM betting App legal in Oregon?
No. The BetMGM App is not available in Beaver State. DraftKings Sportsbook is currently the only legal online sportsbook in Oregon.
Can you bet on sports at 18 in Oregon?
No, only Oregon residents who are 21 years or older can bet on sports.
Deposit options in Oregon betting apps (DraftKings app)?
The payment options are very straightforward and industry-standard as cash, debit card, credit card and bank transfer can all be used.
At what age can I use mobile sportsbooks in Oregon?
Anyone in the state of Oregan who is also 21 years of age and older will be able to legally wager on sports via the DraftKings app.