Explore South Carolina’s potential online betting market, including insights into top sportsbook apps and future betting opportunities in the Palmetto State.
Sports betting in South Carolina is not legal and isn’t currently being pursued by state legislators.
There was a bi-partisan effort between the House and Senate to legalize all types of commercial gaming, including sports betting which failed in the committees of both chambers of the government.
Since then, there has been no discussion about sports betting, as gambling is low on the list of priorities for the state government.
Legal Betting Apps in South Carolina
South Carolina mobile betting is not legal. However, Daily Fantasy Sports are legal and available in the state, with the following being the top providers available:
- Monkey Knife Fight
South Carolina Legal Betting Apps
There are currently no South Carolina betting apps legal within the state.
NOTE: Online sports betting sites are not currently legal in South Carolina. However, we expect some big names to go live when South Carolina legalizes betting.
- Caesars Sportsbook SC App – Second chance free bets
- BetMGM South Carolina App – Some form of bet insurance
- DraftKings South Carolina App – Some form of deposit match bonus
- FanDuel South Carolina App – Some form of bet insurance
It’s important to note that while certain betting apps and websites claim they can accept sports wagers from across the US, they are not legally licensed to operate in any US state. All legitimate gambling websites in the US are authorized and regulated at the state level.
Betting with these unlicensed websites and mobile apps carries significant risk, as they do not offer consumer protection. If a bettor uses an unlicensed site and encounters issues, such as the sportsbook refusing to pay out winnings or shutting down without returning customer funds, there’s no legal way for the bettor to recover their money.
South Carolina Teams & Events to Bet On
There are no major professional sports teams in South Carolina. The Clemson University Tigers is the one major college program and are members of the SEC Conference in the NCAA Division I.
Fans in South Carolina also like to follow the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, based in Charlotte, NC.
Bet Types in South Carolina
No South Carolina betting apps are available as lawmakers haven’t yet passed legislation to legalize mobile betting.
South Carolina Betting App Welcome Bonuses
Betting AppMobile DeviceOffers for South CarolinaDraftKingsiOS/AndroidN/AFanDueliOS/AndroidN/AMonkey Knife FightiOS/AndroidN/A
South Carolina betting apps are not legal in the state, so there are no bonuses or promotions currently available.
How to find the right betting app in South Carolina? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of South Carolina.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in South Carolina
South Carolina mobile betting is not yet legal. However, downloading a sports betting app will be a simple process once it becomes available. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Select a provider of your preference. Make sure you access their desktop platform or go ahead and download their mobile app.
- Enter your full name, email address, address, phone number, and last four of a social security number to open an account.
- Once you have read all terms and conditions, you can now head on to your provider’s platform and enjoy the entire offer of betting and gaming dynamics they have included as part of their apps.
South Carolina Mobile Betting FAQs
Is mobile betting legal in South Carolina?
No. Mobile betting is not available in South Carolina.
What are the best mobile sportsbooks in South Carolina?
Fanduel, DraftKings, and Monkey Knife Fight apps are operating in the state.
Is the BetMGM app live in South Carolina?
No, BetMGM mobile sportsbook is not legal in South Carolina.