Get a glimpse into New Hampshire’s potential online betting scene, including anticipated sportsbook apps and betting market developments in the Granite State.
New Hampshire legalized sports betting after lawmakers passed a bill in early 2019. Mobile sports betting was launched in early 2020 through the DraftKings Sportsbook, with retail locations to follow soon.
DraftKings remains the only legal mobile app in the state and was selected through a competitive bidding process. As a result, the company will remain the exclusive mobile provider and pay up to 50% of its adjusted revenue to the state.
Legal Betting Apps in New Hampshire 2024
New Hampshire mobile betting is only available through the only app legal in the state:
- DraftKings Sportsbook
New Hampshire Top Legal Betting Apps
There is currently one New Hampshire betting app available for players to bet in the state:
- DraftKings Sportsbook
New Hampshire Teams & Events to Bet On
New Hampshire has no major professional sports teams. However, due to its proximity to Boston, many fans follow the Celtics of the NBA, the New England Patriots in the NFL, and the Boston Red Sox MLB team. The University of New Hampshire Wildcats competes in the Colonial Athletic Association, an NCAA Division I conference for major college sports.
Common Bet Types in New Hampshire
These are the most common bet types for players in New Hampshire:
- A moneyline bet is a wager on the team picked to win the game outright without taking the spread into account.
- Betting on the spread is wagering on the team’s margin of victory rather than the game’s final score.
- Over/Under (Totals): The over/under or total bet is the next most popular type of wager and is a wager on the total points scored by both teams in the game.
- Parlays: A parlay combines multiple wagers on the same ticket, which must all be winners to take a payout.
- Live betting: A live bet is a wager placed after the chosen game has started, with odds changing throughout the game.
New Hampshire Betting App Welcome Bonuses
As you can imagine, since DraftKings has zero competition in the state, they do not offer the same bonuses and promotions as they do in other states. So far, the bonuses and promotions available will be small and work in conjunction with certain sports and seasons.
- The first deposit of $5 or more qualifies new customers to receive a 20% bonus of up to $1,000.
How to find the right betting app in New Hampshire? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of Colorado.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- Finally, check availability 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in New Hampshire
New Hampshire mobile betting is only available through the DraftKings app. Downloading the sports betting app is a simple process. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Sign up with a DraftKings sportsbook provider on the website or use a betting app for either Android or iOS mobile phones. The app may also be available in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Find the “download” link on the betting website or the store and click to install the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the download is complete, you can open the app from your device’s home screen.
Sports Available for Betting
New Hampshire has a wide variety of sports available for wagering, as you can find plenty of the popular American sports and leagues available. There is also a fair amount of international offerings as well.
The only restrictions are on collegiate teams in New Hampshire as they will not be offered in any sportsbook.
- Football (NFL and NCAAF)
- Basketball (NBA, WNBA, NCAAM)
- Baseball (MLB and NCAA)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, World Cup)
- Combat Sports (UFC and Boxing)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA)
- Auto Sports (F-1, NASCAR)
New Hampshire Mobile Betting FAQs
In a move picking up steam with other states looking to legalize sports gambling, New Hampshire has signed a deal ensuring DraftKings is the only online operator in the state. This exclusivity will cost DraftKings 50% of its earnings in taxes but may prove worth it.
Is mobile betting legal in New Hampshire?
Yes. Mobile betting is legal in the state.
Is BetMGM betting App legal in Colorado?
No. The BetMGM is not available in New Hampshire.
Can you bet on sports at 18 in New Hampshire?
Yes, you can. If you are 18 years old and are physically within the state of New Hampshire, you can bet with DraftKings.
NH Betting App Payment Options
DraftKings is a well-run ship, and they’ve made payment options very simple for their users in New Hampshire. Sports gamblers are able to fund their accounts with credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, or a pre-paid Play+ card made available exclusively by DraftKings.
Legal Betting Age to use betting apps in New Hampshire?
The legal sports gambling age in New Hampshire is 21 years old, whether online or in a brick and mortar sportsbook.