In Wisconsin, where legal online betting is not available, our guide explores the potential market, including what the future could hold for bettors and which sportsbook apps might enter the Badger State.
Is sports betting legal in Wisconsin? Yes, though the approach is unique. Wisconsin takes a different route, unlike most states that introduce sports betting via legislative measures like bills or constitutional amendments to modify their gambling laws. In this state, federally recognized tribes negotiate amendments to their existing state compacts with the government. These amendments permit sports betting, effectively legalizing it within the jurisdiction of each individual tribe.
Legal Wisconsin Betting Apps 2024
Currently, sports betting in Wisconsin is restricted to Oneida Casino locations, with mobile betting available only near their nine retail locations.
However, Daily Fantasy Sports are available, with the following providers the most popular in the state:
Betting Apps in Wisconsin
NOTE: Online sports betting sites are not currently legal statewide in Wisconsin, only through Oneida retail locations. However, we expect a few big names to go live if Wisconsin legalizes regular online betting.
Caesars Wisconsin AppSecond chance free bets
BetMGM Wisconsin AppBet insurance
DraftKings Wisconsin betting AppFirst Deposit Bonus
FanDuel Missouri betting AppNo sweat free bet
Teams & Events to Bet On
Badger State is home to several major professional sports teams. The Milwaukee Bucks are in the NBA, the Green Bay Packers are members of the NFL, and the Milwaukee Brewers play in MLB. The University of Wisconsin Badgers are members of the Big 10 Conference in Division I in the NCAA.
How do you find the right betting app in Wisconsin?
General criteria for safe use of betting apps:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of Wisconsin.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in Wisconsin
Wisconsin mobile betting is not legal throughout the state. However, downloading a sports betting app will be a simple process if it does become available in the future. Here are the steps players should follow:
- Select a provider of your preference. Make sure you access their desktop platform or go ahead and download their mobile app.
- Enter your full name, email address, address, phone number, and last four of a social security number to open an account.
- Once you have read all terms and conditions, you can now head on to your provider’s platform and enjoy the entire offer of betting and gaming dynamics they have included as part of their apps.
Wisconsin Mobile Betting FAQs
Is mobile betting legal in Wisconsin?
Yes. Betting is legal in Wisconsin. However, there are some limitations, as Oneida Tribe is the sole betting provider.
What are the best mobile sportsbooks in Wisconsin?
Fanduel, DraftKings, and Yahoo apps are operating in the Badger State.
Is the BetMGM app live in Wisconsin?
No, BetMGM mobile sportsbook is not legal in Wisconsin yet.