Sports betting in Texas is not yet legal. The most recent sports betting bill from 2021 failed to make it into committee in April of that year. The Texas legislature only convenes in odd-numbered years, meaning that the next chance to legalize sports betting will not come until 2023.
Texans aren’t generally opposed to sports betting. However, legislators have some obstacles to overcome before putting the subject before voters.
Legal Betting Apps in Texas 2023
Texas mobile betting is not legal. However, Daily Fantasy Sports are available in the state, with the following being the top providers available:
Texas Top Legal Betting Apps Epexted
No Texas betting apps are legal within the state.
NOTE: Online sports betting sites are not currently legal in Texas. However, we expect all the major names to go live when Texas legalizes betting, as this could become one of the largest betting markets in the US.
|Potential Texas Betting Apps||Expected Launch Bonus|
|Caesars Texas App||Second chance free bets up to $1,250|
|BetMGM Texas App||Bet insurance up to $1,000|
|BetRivers Texas App||Free Bet up to $500|
|DraftKings Texas App||First Deposit Bonus up to $1,000|
|FanDuel Texas App||No sweat free bet up to $1,000|
|PointsBet Texas App||$500 Free Bets|
|Barstool Texas App||Free Bet up to $1,000|
Texas Teams & Events to Bet On
Texas has many prominent professional and college sports teams, with the most popular being the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans of the NFL. The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, and Houston Rockets are in the NBA, and the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros play in MLB. The biggest college athletics programs are at the University of Texas and Texas Tech University, both of which play in the Big 12 Conference.
Common Bet Types in Texas
Texas betting apps are not available as lawmakers failed in 2021 to legalize sports betting.
Texas Betting App Welcome Bonuses
|Betting App||Mobile Device||Offers for Texas|
There are no legal Texas betting apps, and no bonuses or promotions are available.
How to find the right betting app in Texas? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of Texas.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in Texas
Texas has not yet legalized mobile betting. However, downloading a sports betting app will be a simple process once it is legal. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Select a provider of your preference. Make sure you access their desktop platform or go ahead and download their mobile app.
- Enter your full name, email address, address, phone number, and last four of a social security number to open an account.
- Once you have read all terms and conditions, you can now head on to your provider’s platform and enjoy the entire offer of betting and gaming dynamics they have included as part of their apps.
Texas Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
No. Mobile betting is not legal in Texas.
Fanduel, DraftKings apps are operating in the Lone Star State.
No, Caesar’s mobile sportsbook is not legal in Texas yet.