At present, there are no legal sports betting apps in California. However, there are currently several initiatives, one of which will be on the ballot for the November elections, and others that have yet to gather enough signatures.
The initiative already on the ballot is the tribal measure, which would allow sports betting to be available at tribal casinos and horse racing tracks around the state. However, online sportsbooks will not be available in California until 2023 at the earliest, and that’s only if the initiatives make it onto the ballot this year.
Legal Betting Apps in California 2023
There are no legal sports betting apps in the state of California, though horse racing wagering is legal:
- TVG California bet app (iPhone)
- Twinspires CA (iPhone, Android)
Two Daily Fantasy apps are available, which are:
California Mobile Sports Betting Legislation
Sports betting is not legal in California, but recent initiatives seek to legalize the activity. The only online sportsbooks available to bettors are offshore and not licensed within the state of California.
Teams & Events to Bet On in California
California has various professional and college teams in many different sports. The state has three NFL teams, three NBA teams, and five teams in MLB. There are also dozens of major NCAA Division I college programs within the state.
Common Bet Types in California
With only one piece of legislation so far on the November ballot, sports betting is unlikely to be available in California until at least 2023. Horse racing is currently the only sport legally available for wagering.
California Betting App Bonuses & Offers
Because there are no legal sports betting apps, no bonuses or promotions are currently available to California bettors.
|Betting App||Mobile Device||Offers for California|
How to find the right betting app in California? Look for these criteria:
- State license. The mobile app should be legal in the state of California.
- Bonus Offers for new customers and easy-to-understand terms and conditions.
- Competitive odds and betting features, such as in-game betting and live streaming.
- 24/7 reliable customer support.
How to Download a Betting App in California
Although there are no legal sports betting apps in California, the process will be the same for every available app once legislation is passed. Downloading a sports betting app is a pretty simple process. Here are the steps players will need to follow:
- Sign up with a legal online sportsbook provider with a betting app for either Android or iOS mobile phones. The app may also be available in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Find the “download” link on the betting website or the store and click to install the app
- Follow the on-screen instructions, which will include providing information such as name, address, email address, and social security number
- Once the download is complete, the app can be opened from your device’s home screen
California Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
Fanduel, Draftkings apps are operating in the Golden State.
No, BetMGM mobile sportsbook is not legal in California yet.